I stopped creating a New Year's Resolution way, way back. Simply because I noticed that my list are almost the same -- exercise more, eat less.
I also noticed that although I dont list these things down, I tend to automatically tick them off in my head. So I am sharing my New Year's to do list. And I am proud to say, these things are already done and is being done!
- I have started the tradition and wish this to be a ritual for my girls and I, cleaning and tidying up before the New Year arrives.
- Having fresh linens, sheets and towels; that means letting the washing machine work overtime!
- Clean and sort out the medicine cabinets; and those in the ref, too.
- Check and refill the kitchen supplies. Make sure that there are enough sugar, rice, flour, egg and salt. A hint of superstition as in the Philippines, we make sure that all supplies are filled as an empty cupboard is a bad start.
- Clean the ref and check the frozen items in the freezer.
- Clear and sort out the items in storeroom. This time I will throw the old boxes and exchange them with the sturdy ones and really label them!
- Try to clear up and work on my paperworks and computer files.
- With the kids, sort out their toys and clothes-- their favorite ones would stay, those who could be sold via ebay and the rest to charity.
- Sort out our clothes into three boxes -- to keep, to ebay, to charity.
And then relax in a warm tub with a good book; while enjoying my bath, my husband would usually give me a glass of wine for my hard work :-D