MC got her own cellular phone a few weeks ago. Since my husband and I were both busy out of the house most of the time, we've decided to give her one because our phoneline at home were down for a long time.
She got her cellphone attached with the following instructions:
1. Dont bring it out of the house.
2. Dont give her phone number to anybody unless we agreed.
3. Dont dial any numbers unless approved by us.
4. Dont tinker on keypads unnecessarily
5. She alone is responsible for taking care that the cellular phone would be working properly.
6. She alone is responsible for making sure that the cellular phone would not be lost or misplaced.
We also emphasized to her that she's got a budget for her prepaid phone. She must use it responsibly or else she could not reach us if there is something really important that she wants to share to us when we are out of the house.
It wasnt easy for her to keep to her budget, but slowly yet surely, she's learning. Most important of all, she takes care that her phone is always within her reach and she has so far followed our instructions.