The pre-school kids in kindergarten started their yoga course two weeks ago. I blogged about this program here.
And for that two weeks, we have been visited regularly by our yoga master, MC. Oh yes, she is so excited with this yoga course, from day one, that she's been urging us to do yoga with her, every opportunity she gets. I mean, I have no problem with that. Only, I told her, mama must also cook or else we wont have the strenght to continue doing yoga :D
The first day she was introduced to yoga, I excitedly asked her what happened. I am a yoga fan, by the way, even though I dont get to practice regularly. She reported it step by step. I know because I already asked one of her teachers in kindergarten who stayed with them during the entire course.
Well, MC got frustrated with simply talking about yoga that she said, 'you know what? Let's get ready for bed and then we could do yoga before we sleep.' I nodded yes while IC run into the bathroom in glee.
So there we were, in our pajamas, being instructed by our little yoga master. And here's how she did it.
1. She told us to sit like a pretzel.
2. Started with a few 'oms' to relax us
3. Stretched one leg forward and give it a few pats, then do the same with the other leg
4. Stretched arms over the head slowly and fold hands together, and then put them down and fold your hands slowly in front of your stomach (do it a few times)
5. She recited a few relaxing phrases -- something about flowers and trees and the nature...
6. Stood up and did the number 4 again
7. We ended up with simply listening to our breathing in and out
In the end, she even asked us to do poses which she was doing in her ballet classes! But of course, we joined her. Not knowing that she was already improvising simply because she enjoyed dictating the exercise a lot! Well, she admitted those additional positions when we were already in bed.
But hats off to her, she really did concentrated during the yoga session, or else she would not be able to show us what yoga is all about. I promised to attend one of the yoga courses in kindergarten, and I cant wait!