It is a bit of a sad occasion when it's time to put away those glitzy Christmas decors, right? But that's something we have to do.
I usually ask the girls to help me so they would have the chance to say goodbye to the holiday season. And because I wanted this to be as special as putting up the decorations.
Here's what we do?
- I would usually line up the sturdy boxes that I have collected and labeled accordingly
- We'd collecting the decors in one room, until we reach the last destination which would be the Christmas tree
- To avoid tangled Christmas lights, try the empty kitchen rolls trick.
- Wrap the breakable pieces in newspapers or tissues, if you werent able to keep their original packaging which is really recommended
- We'd start putting together the related items re: Christmas balls and other Christmas tree decors together; wrappers and ribbons together, etc
- For bigger items, such as our Christmas teddy's; we've kept their plastic covers to avoid dust.
- What we do with our gift wrappers and ribbons? We put them together in one bin.
- For our Christmas tree, it is collected by the volunteer fire brigade that would be turned into compost
- And last yet the most significant, toth girls would have their turn in taking down the star of Bethlehem on top of the tree - that's a tradition already