Saturday, January 10, 2009
What to bring for a short winter vacation?
It's a last minute decision. And am okay with it. Who wouldn't want to take advantage of the cold temperature here in Europe and look for the real snow fun?
We are going away on a weekend winter fun -- an almost one hour drive to Hochschwarzwald (in Germany's famous Black Forest).
It wasnt easy finding a room for four of us. After all, it is still Christmas vacation in some parts of Germany.
But we pursued. First in the internet and then by calling the hotels. When all failed, we asked for the tourist office in the area to help us find a hotel. Here's what we found: click.
What to bring for a short winter vacation then? Aside from the usual clothing and toiletries, here's some more.
1. The whole winter gear for the whole family: ski clothes, ski booties, gloves, mittens and caps.
2. The sleds, nope, we dont have ski nor snowboards. But we could rent those things.
3. Sun protection cream, sun glasses, and lip balm, for the whole family. The sun is stronger in the mountains after all.
4. The usual medications, plasters and creams.
5. Snowchain, warm blankets, flashlights and warning vests ready in the car.
6. And for my mommy bag? Snacks, extra clothes for the kids, and the anti-motion sickness homoophathy Nux vormica D4 that I always give to the kids before we go for a long drive.
7. Papa is responsible that the car's got enough gasoline, that he's got the map of the area, plus the video and the digicam :D
8. The kids have packed their favorite toys and some pencils and papers so they could draw.
We only need to turn down the heater at home and empty the garbage bins before we go.