Sunday, July 22, 2007
10 Random Facts About My Mom
I am definitely playing tag with mitch.
Here are some random facts about my nanay:
1. She is the youngest sister from 9 siblings of 3 boys and 6 girls.
2. Born on June 16, she shares her birthdates with two of her sisters.
3. Despite having five kids, her body doesnt show any marks of pregnancy, amazing! I didnt inherit that gene though :-)
4. She is an excellent seamstress, specially when it comes to men's shirts and the fine barongs. But her efforts were also rewarded when asked to create costumes during United Nation's Day or Cenakulo or Sunduan.
5. When I was a teen-ager, it was also a relief to know that she can keep a secret.
6. It is safe to say that she is the official directory guide of the whole family. She has her small black book of phones, email addresses, and home addresses of the immediate big family and the the unending strings of extra and newly found family relations.
7. She is the gentle mediator for the whole clan.
8. Her surgery after suffering aneurysm in 2004 slowed her down a bit, but her spirit and her faith are stronger than ever.
9. The painful pinches she gave us as a discipline technique during our younger years doesnt matter now. I learned that those were really careful pinches to lead us to the right direction.
10. She wont put the phone down without saying 'I love you'.
Now how about sharing your thoughts: momoftwo, KK and Rowena.